Workshop: Saxophone Basics for Advanced
This workshop is aimed at advanced players who want to further develop their saxophone playing. I present an effective exercise program that takes you through the most important basic exercises for tone control in 30 minutes and through all keys over the course of a year. I explain step by step the interplay of breathing, air flow and embouchure, the importance of a precise sound concept and the discovery of tonal relationships.
Objectives of the exercise program:
- The development of good tone control, a full sound and safe intonation over the entire range
- The expansion of the tonal possibilities of expression
- The preoccupation with tonality in order to get the structure of the keys into your head, into your ears and into your fingers
With my workshop I want to guide, inspire and motivate people to practice.
- Prerequisite for participation: Mastery of all notes of the normal range (chromatic from low Bb to high F)
- Maximum number of participants: 10
- Duration: 3 hours